Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Moments of beauty


2/17/2014


I remember how incredibly blessed I am just to be living my life the way I am when...


I walk in to a room full of little boys and my hair all done up for church; and they immediately start playing with it. They run their grubby hands through my hair and when gotten after they very carefully and respectfully remove their hands and take turns gently kissing my hair with their just as grubby lips.

I walk in to the house in the morning and I'm attacked and kissed by 11 crazy little boys and told how much they missed me.

A 4 year old come and places his hands on my cheeks and kisses my forehead. Whispers, "I love you." Then kisses my nose, both of my eyes, kisses my cheeks and then plants a big sloppy one on my mouth and walks away.

A special needs child comes and sits in my lap and sure, she is dirty, she has some type of illness that is highly contagious, she's causing a ruckus and interrupting things and being loud, but the smile you see on her face is worth it.

I am reading a book and it suddenly becomes a huge cuddle pile full of laughter and hugs.

One of my babies is clinging to me and I have no desire to ever let him go.

One of my boys comes and wraps their arms around my waist for a second then runs off to play.

I'm bathing someone and they are being as uncooperative as possible; dancing around and wiggling about and I end up soaking wet and laughing.

I'm sitting at a table full of children and watch them laughing and talking and seeing the joy in their faces.

When I'm singing worship songs with my boys at the top of our lungs and dancing around the house.

I hear the kids giggling and playing.

My baby falls asleep on my lap, his hand clutching mine.


Its moments like these that I am clearly reminded about what an AMAZING God we have.  Its moments like these when I realize how blessed I am.











1 comment: