September 29, 2017
I got both babies to bed a the same time which guaranteed me at least 20 minutes of blog time! I'm feeling successful before I've even started. AND my hubby got me a Starbucks- I mean, what could be better on such a cold, rainy day?
I don't think I've officially announced- in fact, I'm sure I haven't. Life is CRAZY with two babies and a full blown ministry in the states as well as in the Philippines. I feel like I don't have an extra minute in the day, let alone to write a whole blog post. It keeps me from fully informing all of you as to what we are up to, and for that I am sorry! But, I am SUPER excited to share with you; we're flying to the Philippines! Monday! It's coming up fast. I feel completely unprepared, but ridiculously excited. It's FREEZING here in Colorado, so I keep joking that were chasing summer. I'm not ready for winter!
This trip is specifically designed to work on orphanage stuff. We arrive late in the Philippines on October 3rd. Michael and Eden will continue on to the baby house while Zi and I stay near the airport to catch an early flight the next morning at 4:00 am. We will be flying to another island to look for locations for the orphanage. Please be covering this specific portion of the trip in prayer. Ate Anna and I will be spending a full 2 days looking for a location before returning the evening of the 5th. The morning of the 6th at 8:00 we have a meeting with DSWD (Philippine government) regarding the orphanage. Zi and I will be the ones attending this meeting. Please be covering this meeting in prayer as well. I don't really know what to expect. I'm just praying things will be communicated well and clearly, that there will be no language block and that we will come out of it with a clear plan and all of the information that we need. Some of you that have dealt with the Philippine government understand how difficult it can be to work with them. Saturday will be devoted to spending time with our program families, blessing them in some way and prepping for Sundays food buckets. Sunday is one of the days I am excited for! After church, our team will be taking the baby house staff to the beach for a few days of fellowship and encouragement before we leave. Pray that it is a blessed time of encouragement, spiritual renewal, bonding and rest for both our team and the baby house staff. We will arrive back to the baby house on the 11th and our family flies out the 12th. Assuming this trip accomplishes what it is intended too, we may be planning another trip within the coming months in order to follow up with what is done on this trip.
God is so good to us- it is often that I am in awe as to what He is doing and how He is working. God has abundantly blessed me with this life. To have the privilege of not only serving in the states, but also overseas, is a dream come true. If you ever have questions as to what we are doing now, or the status of the program, feel free to shoot me an email or message me. I would love to share with you about how God is working!
- Jet lag (I am so nervous about how exhausted I am going to be with two little ones and how much I have to do on this trip. I am praying the visit to the beach is enough time to rest and recuperate from the craziness of the beginning of the trip.)
- Finding an orphanage location
- The meeting with DSWD (for those of you that did not read the detail of the trip; it's my first meeting with the Philippine government regarding any information I need to start filing paperwork for the orphanage. Pray for clarity and the ability to make a sustainable plan once we've met.)
- The details that go into opening an orphanage. (Pray for financial sustainability and Gods anointing on a dream He placed on many of our hearts a long time ago.)
- Safety and health of the US team and the Philippine staff
- For our hearts and eyes to be softened to what He is doing around us. His will be done through out this entire trip even when it means putting our carefully planned out, agenda aside.