Monday, August 31, 2015

Bill Davidson (Fish)

August 31, 2015

I see this mission to Paradise Village as a great opportunity to have a huge impact in the lives of others. This experience will undoubtedly have a huge impact on my life, as well. Hope, faith, and love are abstract thoughts that can be difficult to identify or demonstrate. Even though these concepts are not explicit in the minutiae of a given day, they are the very things that get me THROUGH the day. Without these principles, I could never smile. I am truly blessed to be born into a loving family and a safe community with ample support systems to offer assistance to those in need. These resources are not ubiquitous however and if I can make a significant contribution to the well- being of others, then I am eager to be involved. Perhaps I can help someone else smile by giving them a sanctuary in which to study and praise Jesus Christ, who perfectly embodied the principles love, hope, and faith. My heart especially goes out to the children born in poverty, many of whom are fatherless or orphaned all-together. Frequently, young girls and boys are lured into one of the only industries that are prevalent: prostitution and the sex-trade. It is my prayer and hope that the gospel will help these children realize their personal value and discover the strength to stand up strong; forging their own paths in life rather than selling themselves short into disgrace. In the Paradise Village trip, a little money will go a long way toward building a stable and supportive church- family for Paradise Village; and for me, a fresh perspective on the larger world will help me better appreciate my position in it. Doing this as a family, I pray, will bind and strengthen us as a family unit.


-Bill Davidson





1 comment:

  1. If you want any help related to yahoo problems Please have a look on my siteyahoo contact.

    ReplyDelete