Friday, October 17, 2014

Newsflash!

Newsflash! Michael and Sarah Jones are leaving for Navotas, Philippines in two days!

10/17/2014
From Michael:
The last few weeks have been a blur of packing, cleaning, sorting, unpacking, decisions about money, decisions about timing, decisions about what to bring and what not to bring, decisions, decisions, decisions. We have sorted through everything we own picked a spot for everything, Throw away/donate, pack away for when/if we come back, and take with us to the Philippines. And believe me it’s super hard to decide knowing that I only have two suitcases (and a carry on) to fit my upcoming life into. Two questions have been very prominent in our house the last few weeks 1. Do you really need that? And 2. Are you having a missionary mindset? Both these questions have mainly come from Sarah and directed at me, she does a much better job of giving stuff up than I do. Example:
Michael: But babe! I really don’t think I can live without that!
Sarah: Michael, the kids living on the street don’t care about or watch football. So it’s really ok to leave your Tony Romo jersey here.
So as hard and sad as it is to leave my precious Dallas Cowboys gear in a box back in America, I am putting God first and thinking more about what will help me reach these faces,











not this face.


Jesus tells a man in Luke 18 that he needs to give everything he owns to the poor and follow Him, and that man was considered wealthy (he had a lot more than I do). So if Jesus calls a wealthy man like him to give away what he has, I can give up the small things that I have. God continues to mold and shape my heart and actions to be more like Him! As we move forward in this amazing adventure in sharing the love of Christ, we will continue to share with you all what God is doing in our lives and the lives of the people around us.
PRAYER NEEDS: 
No problems with our travels. 
That we will learn the language and culture quickly. 
That the people of the Philippines will see the love of God shining in us the moment we get off the plane, and that it will never stop shining through us.

PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR US!

Michael and Sarah Jones
mjfjones96@gmail.com
sehodgie@gmail.com
www.journeytobacolod.blogspot.com


If you would like to help support us financially press this button.
Thank you!

Note. Unfortunately right now your gifts can not be Tax Deductible. We are working on ways to make that possible and will let everyone know when that option is available.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment