Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The adventure begins

August 24, 2015

The time has come for us to prepare to move back to the Philippines-this time with miss Eden who will be around 3 months old.

Much to our excitement, a team from Boise will be joining us for 2 weeks in order to build a church in Paradise Village. Paradise is an area that the church in the Philippines ministers to. Every Sunday (when they are not rained out) they go and lead 5 groups in bible study, one of them being a children's ministry.
As long as they have done these, they have met in the street. Now we are excited to be able to build a structure for them to finally be able to fellowship together in an area that will house them all.

As always, we ask that you pray for us and our team. If you could join us in praying for the list of things below, we would greatly appreciate it!

  • Eden's birth certificate and passport (We are running out of time!)
  • Funding for our team and the building expenses
  • Monthly financial support for Michael, Eden, and I 
  • Our team's experience. That they will be able to greatly bless those around then, and in turn will be hugely impacted in their walks with God 


Up until we leave in October, I will be posting something from each of our team members. And so, without further ado, I would like to introduce MJ! (MJ will actually be staying with us until December rather than returning to Boise with the rest of the team)

Here is the reason why I want to go on this mission trip. 
God chose me specifically to get adopted to a family here in Idaho. He didn't want me to take the blessings I have now for granted. He wanted me to share what He has taught me over the years. I know exactly what it is like to live in the Philippines. It's not the safest place to live in. Poverty is very common there. Since God has blessed me with a family and great friends, I would like to serve and help others in the Philippines. 

Please pray for the team and I as we go on this mission trip. Thanks for all your support and prayers!



I have included a link for you to donate to this trip and our team if you feel God has placed that on your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment