Friday, August 28, 2015

Jaden Harper

August 28, 2015

I have three different reasons for why I'm going on this mission’s trip:

1. I was blessed to be raised in an amazing Christian household that yes, occasionally had rough times with finances; but in the end God blessed me ten times what these people live without there.
To me, this is the least I can do to help.

2. Yes I was raised in a Christian household, but I never really made it my own faith until a couple months ago. It was then that I was asked by Mike Jones (the founder of World Family Missions and now a close friend), to join them on a missions trip to the Philippines. I believe that God had a huge part in that, and was telling me that I needed to change something in my life for the better. Not only the better for me, but for someone else.

3. I have no personal connection with the Philippines, but I do have a personal connection with other believers. 
These people that we are going to help, meet to worship and study the bible on the street. They don't have a building like we do and take for granted the air conditioned classrooms on Wednesday nights, nor do they have a permanent meeting place due to the weather.
To me this shows a huge loyalty to God, and I want to do whatever I can to encourage and support that.
If you would like to support this ministry, you can take it from me that the people behind the scenes of World Family Missions are there to serve God, and Him only. 

I would like to finish by asking for your prayers for the whole team, and asking that you read my all-time favorite verses as of right now: 

Matthew 18: 19-20
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”


-Jaden

No comments:

Post a Comment