Tuesday, July 26, 2016

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

7/20/2016

Many of you have been on this journey with me since I was little. You heard 9 year old me talk about my big dreams to become a missionary. Not just a missionary anywhere, but a missionary to the Philippines. Many of you supported my dreams as 12 year old me sold cakes in order to earn the money to get here. You listened to me relentlessly talk about how I was going to make it to the Philippines and work with children on the streets. You probably laughed as I spent my summers taking lessons in Tagalog (Filipino language) and learned how to cook Filipino style. And then the day came. I graduated, turned 18, and a few days later I moved to the Philippines.
My first trip to the Philippines!

You prayed with me, watched me learn and grow, and you watched me achieve my dream. 3 years later, I'm still here-now with my husband and baby girl and God is still growing my dream to reach the Philippines.

This year we started a feeding program. We went from helping a family of 8 on the streets to reaching out and doing Bible studies with over 52 people weekly. God, unyielding in His will for my life, has placed a urgency in me to continue this work He has set before me. He has continued to bring families to us, He has continued to open the doors to reach out to them, and He has continued to supply the resources even when we were uncertain.
 One of our babies delivered while in the program.


One of our baby house kids.

He has used these three years and this program to train me, and to grow an ever changing passion for the Philippines in me.

With that being said, I can't wait to share with you our latest God-led adventure. At first it may contradict a lot of what I just said, but stick with me!

We're moving to Colorado! Over a year ago we got to lead a team of youth to Colorado with the purpose of working with inner city youth. In June we had the privilege of going for a second time, this time with Eden! We got to work alongside Springs of Life Church and take part in their ministry. Michael was offered a position to work mainly in their school-age ministry; along with worship ministry, youth ministry, and whatever else God works out. We accepted and are looking forward to this new chapter.
Our last team in Colorado up at camp. 

God, in His graciousness, managed to knit together two people's passions into one, crazy, adventurous life. He's taking Michael's talents and dreams and allowing him to work in an environment that will push him, train him, and fulfill his aspirations of ministering to families in the US. He's using me to continue the work He trained me for as a child, and he's using both of us to complement each other in both mission fields; the US and the Philippines. Yes! We are moving to Colorado. And, yes! We are continuing our work in the Philippines! We will continue to partner with WFM and I (Sarah) will specifically be traveling back and fourth a few times a year to continue growing the feeding program. We have a full time Filipina director that will be continuing the daily work here in the Philippines and Michael will get to join in on some of the trips once or twice a year. God has so meticulously began putting all of the details in place. Each step we have taken, He has opened another door. When we began praying about the ministry here, He put in place women to take over, whose hearts are so clearly evident for the Lord and for these babies. He pressed on our heart that this time in the Philippines was coming to a close and he began preparing us and those around us. Please rejoice and pray for us as we prepare to step into this next phase of life. Thank you for all of your support and your prayers for us throughout this exciting journey! 

-Sarah


11 comments:

  1. So excited to see how God is growing your sphere of ministry. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited about what God is doing here and there! We will continue to pray that He orchestrates all details perfectly for you - in both parts of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited about what God is doing here and there! We will continue to pray that He orchestrates all details perfectly for you - in both parts of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so blessed reading your stories. Continue to be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travelling can be made easy by using the reliable and authentic Luton airport valet parking service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete